Beaded Snood

I decided I wanted to crochet a snood to go with my renaissance outfit and went looking for a pattern, here is the pattern I decided to use.

http://wildchestnuts.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/beaded-snood.html

I made some changes to the pattern which made it flow
better for me, changes to the pattern are noted below.

The main difference is that the beads are arranged in a
spiral pattern on my snood.

Beads: 250 - 4 mm
Skill level: Intermediate
Hook Size: US 2 - 1.95 mm
Yarn: Doily Thread - Size 10

Stitches Used:  Chain, Slip stitch, Single crochet,
                         Double crochet

Rnd 1 - Ch 6, sl st into first ch to form a ring.

Rnd 2 - Ch 4, *dc into center ring, ch 1*, repeat * 11 times
             and join with sl st in 3rd ch at the beginning

Rnd 3 - Ch 5, *dc (into the top of the next post) ch 2*
             repeat and join with sl st in 3rd ch at the beginning

Note:    Rnd 3 - On different snoods I have crocheted into the tops of the posts,
                          into the middle space between them, and into the top of the chain stitch,
                          they all turned out beautiful.

Rnd 4 - Ch 5, dc in post, ch 2 dc in post, ch1, 
             bead * ch  1, dc, ch 2, dc, ch 2 , dc, ch1, bead *
             (4 beads this round)

             Bead every third center on all rounds, from here on
            
Rnd 5 - same as pattern

Rnd 6 - same as pattern

Rnd 7 - same as pattern

Rnd 8 - sl not sc in 2nd chain and 6th ch,
             Add a new set of beads

Rnd 11 - Add new set of beads

I followed all the other instructions in original pattern.


NOTE:  Model's hair length is to the top of her legs and
             the snood fit beautifully, following the instructions
             (no extra rounds)
 

Comments

Popular Posts