Crochet Hook Case

Crochet Hook Case
I finally got tired of emptying all of my crochet hooks out of the box I keep them in and going through them one by one, to find the right one. I have a lovely case for all my small hooks, but I have a ton of large hooks many of which are the same size. I had 18 hooks in my box that were not attached to a current project. After looking for an existing pattern for a case, I decided to just make one up.

Skill level:        Intermediate
Hook Size:       J - 9 mm
Yarn:                Red Heart, worsted, medium, #4  
Stitches Used:  Chain, Slip Stitch, Double crochet

Row 0:    Chain 29

Row 1:    Dc in the 5th chain from the hook, ch 1, dc in same stitch,
                * sk 2, and dc, ch 1, dc, in third ch from the hook *,
                 repeat from * to end of row.

Row 2:    Ch 3, sk 2 st, dc, ch 1, dc, in the top of  third ch from the
                hook, * sk 2 ch and dc, ch 1, dc, in the top of  third ch from the
                hook, repeat* make the last (dc, ch, dc) in the top ch 3, at the end of the row.

Repeat:   Row 2 to desired length and single crochet around the entire project.
                I did 24 rows total for my case.

To finish I made a long chain and put it through two of the holes, then wrap and tuck in the ends to secure everything.

Comments

  1. What Red Heart ombre/multi did you use for this case?

    It's a study in simplicity and function (the case, not the ombre/multi). :>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesson learned always stash your yarn on RAVELRY,
    then it doesn't matter if you throw out the wrapper.
    I think the actual yarn is Red Heart Kids Multi Sherbert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be clear, when you say DC into top of ch 3 in row 2, you mean DC into the back loop only, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would work. I tend to insert my hook under the center and back loop, but that is just a personal preference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does the rubber handle hooks fit in this ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not sure as I don't own any. I would think if you can put it between regular double crochet rows, they would fit fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. could you use a 6 mm hook if you can't buy a 9mm hook

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts