Second Class Dec. - Beginning Crochet

I should probably mention I am doing 2 classes per month, 1 1/2 to 2 hours long.

So, the same four girls and the skills are starting to level out. Everyone knows what a chain stitch is and how to do it.

The girls learned how to do double crochet today and they are working at perfecting their technique. It will probably take one more class for everyone to get the hang of this stitch.

The other challenge for the day was finding the correct hole to place their next stitch in, still working on that one.


Granny Square
I had several project samples for them to choose from:
  • Ladder Scarf
  • Scrunchie
  • Granny Square
  • Ladder Bracelet

The projects they chose to work on today were:
  • 3 - Ladder scarfs
  • 1 - Granny Square
On the lighter side, it was giggle city today.

My own project was not going to well. I needed more yarn for the pair of fingerless gloves I was working on. So I went to the store and found a pretty deep red yarn, that would compliment the yarn I already had. Now I just had to take apart the one finished glove, so I could start over. You guessed it I let the girls take it apart for me. Much laughter and fun was had by all. The girls learned that even I have to take projects apart sometimes.

Comments

Popular Posts