V-Stitch Fingerless Gloves

Liz's gloves
I decided I wanted a pair of fingerless gloves for when I am typing
on my computer, since my fingers get cold.  After much searching on http://www.ravelry.com/, I found this free pattern for these lovely gloves by Daphne Bekiari http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/v-stitch-fingerless-gloves

Skill level: Intermediate
Hook Size:   G
Yarn:  Worsted weight

I found that the weight of the yarn can effect the size of the gloves.

Abbreviations for Stitches Used:
Ch: chain
Sc: single crochet
Dc: double crochet
Sl st: slip stitch
FPHDC: Front-post half-double crochet
BPHDC: Back-post half-double crochet

The only stitch I had to look up was the Post half double crochet (front & back), this is an easy stitch once you understand what you are doing. This video explains it quite nicely: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81siujwFm6Q

Marking clusters on cuff

I eventually made two sets one for me and one for my friend.

I should have been able to finish a set is one day, but due to fittings and interruptions it took me two days. Don't be afraid to pull it apart,
to get a better fit.

I thought I would post the differences in the pattern that I had to make, since we have different hand sizes. Also, I prefer my gloves to be a little loose and she likes hers tight. I skipped the thumbs.

Liz is 5'2", wrist 6.5", palm 7.5".
     Changes in the pattern:  I started her gloves with 26 chain stitches
                                            Round 5:     has 8 dc clusters around
                                                                (see marking clusters pic)
                                            Round 10:   has 4 chain stitches after the
                                                                last dc cluster
                                            Round 11:   has 8 dc clusters
                                            Round 13:   skipped and went to rnd 14

I am 5'8", wrist 6.5", palm 8.25"
     Changes in the pattern:  Round 5:    has no changes - 9 dc clusters
                                                               around, I mention this
                                                              because I ended up with 10 clusters on my second glove
                                                              (see marking clusters pic)
                                            Round 9:    has 1 chain stitch after the last dc cluster
                                            Round 10:  has 6 chain stitches after the last dc cluster
                                            Round 11:  has 10 dc clusters

Comments

Popular Posts